Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mary Margaret Quadlander and the Austin School of Fashion Design

So the super long title is in reference to my (faith) feature story.
So if you saw my blog post before on ASFD, than I don't have to explain it, and if you didn't see it, you should go look at it 'cause I'm not going to explain it, other than it is a school that teaching sewing and fashion illustration on South Congress.

Mary Margaret isn't someone that I have just met. I have known her since I was in 6th grade when I signed up for my first class, Beginning Fashion Illustration for Adults. From then on I took children sewing classes over the summer and adult sewing during the school year. Now when I go during the summer, I don't go to take classes (all the time at least), I go to help out the instructors.

Because I have known Mary Margaret for so long, she agreed to let me interview her (when we had finished she told me that many others had asked to interview her, but she turned them down telling them to send their questions to her and she'd answer them by email). I don't think that I ever will become or even want to become a journalist, MM is really nice, but because she is a role model to me, I didn't really want to sound stupid in front of her. I also only thought of one follow up question because I can't come up with interesting questions on the spot. When my mom came in to listen to us, she was the one who (kind of) urged MM on, not me.

But the interview went pretty well, nothing exciting really happened.... I asked my questions, she answered them... I don't really know what else to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment