Thursday, March 24, 2011

Better than Flogging

is blogging! At least I would assume. I have never actually been flogged. And I do enjoy blogging.

Anyway.

This week, my lovely post is going to tackle a big debate. What is the basis of this clash you might ask? Why, something truly painful my friends. It's about...

BIG EARRINGS.

Yes, do begin the ominous music.

This is something I for one have always struggled with. Do I go for the more attractive heavier earrings and risk the death of my earlobes? Or do I play it safe, saving myself from the painful pulling, but forfeiting the display of awesomeness I could have issued.

A year ago my response would have been something along the lines of "screw ears, I've got princess earrings".

But I have grown since then, and am now in possession of much more worldly knowledge. And by that I mean I pulled my earlobes to the brink of permanent stretching, which resulted in frequent headaches and many a sour mood.

So what should one do to face this problem terrorizing both our heads and our hearts? Luckily for you, I have compiled a short list of ways to beat the system (well, not really, but they are alternatives to ear death).

NUMBA ONE:
Feathers! And yes, I am aware that this is a little 2009, buuut I think feathers could make a wonderful comeback. I still find them attractive. And my main point is just finding earrings that are big and LIGHT, which could also include paper, small beads, thread, etc.

I used to have a pair just like this. Then my cat ate them. :(
NUMBA DOS:
Super attractive awesome studs. They do exist. These are just ones I found by searching on google images since I am uncreative and running out of time, but I do think they prove my point. And you can always wear your hair up to make sure people see them.

Deborah+Flowers=LOVE
NUMBA THREE:
Get that numbing stuff dentists use on lips when people are getting their teeth pulled and inject it into your ears. Then you can't feel the pain and you don't even have any problem.

You could probs even wear hoops if you did that


NUMBA FOUR:
This is going to be my last point for now, but personally I think the best way to deal with the big earrings controversy is to WEAR THEM ANYWAY. And when I say this I mean wear them in moderation. What does that mean Deborah? Well I'll tell you. You could...
  • Wear them on only the most special days (or boring days that you want to make special)
  • Take them off when you are by yourself to give your ears a break

 So guys, take your pick! But I need to go since I have indesignworkawesome to do now. I hope you found my talking beneficial. If not, I'm sorry. Feel free to tell me your ways of dealing with big earrings in the comments. See ya!

LOVE
:DEBORAH

3 comments:

  1. I personally don't wear large jewelry because I find it cumbersome, I'm sure there are other people who will appreciate your tips.

    ~ OMO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tips were very useful! My tip for dealing with big earrings is not to wear any because the last person who pierced my ears mutilated them and they are still recovering. Ain't life grand. But I especially appreciated the feathers tip, because I think feathers are AWESOME and the thing about your cat was TEH LULZ, not that I'd heard that story before or anything. The fact that you used flogging in the title of this blog post was fantastic, too, just saying.

    ReplyDelete